Monday 2 May 2016

His scent is in the RAIN - 1

It was an evening of  a wonderful rainy season. Cold wind was blowing through the windows of my classroom. It looked more dark than usual because of the thick black clouds. It was a boring anatomy class. The cool wind was taking my soul to blew and dance with the trees outside. The trees was in a hurry to hug the rain drops. 

AMAYAAAAA..... What are you doing there? You sleepy girl, you are coming to the college just for dreaming. Now you stop dreaming and just listen here understooddddd.....

      The boring bald professor was shouting like ghost in the horror movies. I felt ashamed and told, "Iam sorry sir." The boy sitting near me whispered, "Amaya, the dream girl".

      When the class was over I waited outside the campus with my bicycle for my friends to join me. My friends were my neighbours  and they all studied the chemistry stream. I hated chemistry and always loved zoology. So I joined the zoology stream. We usually went through the main road but as that was a rainy day we chose to drive through the shortcut. The shortcut was a small road passing aside the palm field.  Usually we have to ride 10 minutes to reach our home through the shortcut.  When we reached the palm field it just started to rain. The boys were playing football on the bare land nearby. We girls stopped there to wear our raincoats. While I was hurrying to open my raincoat a boy just ran near me from the playground and asked, "Hey are you the girl of 207 Ruben Saga" ? Actually that was my house name, so without thinking, I answered yes. He brushed his dripping hair with his hands, smiled at me and said, " Glad to meet you, Iam Peter, your new neighbour." I replied , "hai, Iam Amaya." He smiled at me and ran away.

      The wind was just blowing from his side towards me. The cold spray of rain mixed with his scent brushed my face. It was the most romantic aroma I have ever breathed. I felt he was plucking something from my heart and ran away because my chest was feeling a sweet pain from that moment. My friends said, "That boy is so handsome. You are very lucky to have him as your neighbour."

      Peter was a tall, slim and handsome boy. He has joined eyebrows and long eyelashes. He has long pointy nose. May be its because of his long eyelashes his looks was just hitting like the tip of a knife. His house was the second house behind mine. If I looked through the corner window of my upstairs I would barely see his house. It was my new hobby to watch secretly through the window to collect more details of him. I peeped through that window and find out he had a motorbike. Whenever it rained, the smell of the soil remained me of his body scent. 

      After the first meeting we accidentally met at many places. I was unable stop blushing whenever he looked at me. We talked randomly and we exchanged our phone numbers. We rarely talked at phone. He was just like a good friend. Slowly he started sending messages to my number. I looked eagerly for his messages but didn't replied much. 
      
      During this time my exams came. I was paying less attention to him and was busy with my studies. He continued sending messages mostly jokes. After finishing my last exam, I reached my home, felt exhausted and slept in my bed. I woke up by hearing the sound of thunder. I suddenly woke up and checked my phone. There was 3 missed calls from Peter. I called him back. He said, "Amaya, just look through the window of your bedroom. Please. Iam waiting here just to see you." I wondered and checked myself in the mirror. I combed my hair with my hands and immediately looked through my window. It was raining outside and Peter was sitting on his motorbike and looking upon my window from the opposite side of the road. I was mesmerised by the awesome sight. The wind blew through the windows and I could smell his body scent again.

      My phone rang,"Thanks for coming near the window. You looks beautiful through the rain. I want to stay here for ever and look you like this." My goosebumps raised as I heard his voice. I couldn't say anything. I could just enjoy those wonderful moments. From that day I just waited to hear from him that he loved me. 
   
      Two or three days after that I was running to the kitchen, I happened to hear the conversation between my neighbour aunt and my mom. When I heard them saying Peter, I hide outside the kitchen to hear their talk. "That boy is so handsome and cunning. Heard he is flattering many girls nearby. My daughter complained to me when he started to disturb her beyond the limits. So my husband warned him to not disturb our daughter again." My heart was broken to pieces by hearing this news. I understood he is a flatterer who is loving many girls at a time.
     
      I started hating Peter from that day. I didn't replied to his messages. I avoided him as that as I can. He told me his love. I thought he was flattering. He started sending me thousands of messages everyday. The more he tried to love me, the more I began to hate him. He looked confused in my sudden change. He looked liked a broken lover. I thought all these as his acting. Peter asked what was the reason for my sudden change. For avoiding him I told I love another boy of my college.

      That time a boy from my college came and said his love for me. For escaping from Peter I suddenly accepted his request. We dated for some years and then got married. I moved to another town with my husband. Once my mom told that Peter has married. After that for many years I didn't heard anything about Peter. I tried to forget him. But in every rainy season, when the smell of soil reached my nose, I could smell Peters scent again and again. I thought this rain will never allow me to forget Peter.


TO BE CONTINUED....

Please comment me your valuable views. I would like to hear from you for more stories. 

LIZA


No comments:

Post a Comment